Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shannon Hale

      Shannon Hale is an author that I really enjoy, since most of her books are fairytale based. She has recently wrote a new book, also based on fairytales, and you can read two free e-books to get a taste of it. At under 10 pages, they are short stories. Shannon also is having her adult book, Austenland (which I haven't read) made into a movie. For more information on that, click on this link to a movie website : http://www.sonyclassics.com/austenland/site/

For more on the book, go here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/248483.Austenland

Don't forget to follow my blog (or Goodreads )!

 
My Reviews ~
 
 
Ever After High: Raven Queen's StoryRating: Three Stars


      I read Apple White's Story before I read this one, and this one made more sense. Raven Queen is the daughter of the Evil Queen, and she will soon have to commit herself to becoming the next Evil Queen in the fairy tale. When I read Apple White's Story, I didn't fully understand that in Shannon Hale's fairytale world, the children of the fairytale characters that we know and love will grow up and take their parents places. I found this story interesting, and I look forward to reading more in the series of these short stories.

Ever After High: Apple White's Story Rating: Two Stars
     This was a cute story and I read it within five minutes. It was about Snow White's daughter, Apple, and her excitement to start in a school before starting her own fairytale. In this story it told about how Apple would become a very good Snow White, which confused me a bit. I guess it will make more sense if I read Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment