Monday, March 18, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Movie Adaptations

      Usually when you read a book you love, you end up disliking the movie, because it is so different from the book. The reason I watched a Pride and Prejudice movie in the first place was because I was at a party and we all voted to watch it. We watched the one with Keira Knightley.
      As we all watched, my friend and I couldn't help but point out the differences to each other, and there were many. It was a very good, two hour long movie. It just wasn't like the book. While we watched it, my friend told me that she owned a longer version. She also informed me that her version was incredibly accurate.
      The first thing I did when I got home was look up Pride and Prejudice on YouTube. I was looking for the two hour version, since we were not able to finish it. Instead, I found a 1995 version with Colin Firth (the one my friend has). Since it said part 1 and the video was an hour long I figured that I may as well watch it.
      From the very first scene I knew that it would stay true to the book one hundred percent. I almost got up to grab the book, since they were quoting from it. I was planning on following along. You can find this on YouTube, there are six episodes. Some episodes you may be able to find in full, some may have parts to them. I absolutely love this version and plan on ordering one from Amazon. This version is about six hours long.
      For those of you who have Netflix, there is an adaptation on there. I don't particularly like this version. There is no real reason for that, other than I am not a fan of the costumes or of the actors and actresses that they chose. It is very accurate when compared to the book. This is also in episodes. To watch this whole thing is about five hours. In any case, I would definitely recommend reading the book before watching a movie adaptation.
Link to the 1995 version on YouTube:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQSFmrkR-QA&list=PL3A59C0B9B8A77286

I also was able to find the 2 hour long one online for free, here is that link: http://www.4shared.com/video/_XC7Tmrz/PrideAndPrejudice2005.html

2 comments:

  1. One of my very favorites, also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the information on the movies,we will check out the one you like, since it is true to the book. Great post!

    ReplyDelete